The Phorum
September 24, 2017, 08:31:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register PhAQ  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202

Author Topic: what was the last movie/tv show you saw?  (Read 901584 times)
Vlad!
Mighty Armored Assault Duck
Administrator
Phorum Phenomenon

I'm on a duck!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8000 on: December 16, 2016, 09:13:28 PM »

Rogue One

This is everything I wanted out of a Star Wars movie.

The Force Awakens was a fine continuation to the series. But this...this was something else.

This one is special.

Humans...have a fundamental need to create and maintain a narrative for their lives in which the universe is not implacable and heartless, that terrible things do not happen at random, and that catastrophe can be avoided if you are vigilant and responsible.... We are vulnerable, but we don’t want to be reminded of that. We want to believe that the world is understandable and controllable and unthreatening, that if we follow the rules, we’ll be okay.
-Ed Hickling
Aaron
Phorum Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #8001 on: December 18, 2016, 04:35:18 PM »

I wanted to stay and watch Rogue One again immediately after it was over.  Loved it loved it loved it.

Hi whim!
murlough23
Phorum Phenomenon

I'm different.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8002 on: January 01, 2017, 10:22:21 AM »

Rogue One

This is everything I wanted out of a Star Wars movie.

The Force Awakens was a fine continuation to the series. But this...this was something else.

This one is special.

I saw this yesterday and I totally agree. It actually resonated with me emotionally, and while I've always enjoyed Star Wars movies simply because they're fun, I've never felt that sort of a connection to one before. To say any more would risk spoiling it for those who still haven't seen it.

Other films I've seen recently, but forgot to post about:

Alice Through the Looking Glass. My wife said she liked this more than the first installment. I suppose I agree, but I still didn't think it was great. Visually stunning, yes. But I'm not sure this was the fairy tale that called for a time travel-heavy sequel. (It was amusing seeing Sacha Baron Cohen and Helena Bonham Carter together again, though. I half-expected them to break into song.)

What Dreams May Come. I think this was my third viewing? The first few were in the 90s, and back then I dubbed it one of my favorite films. Nowadays... jeez, those opening twenty minutes are so are almost embarrassingly maudlin. It gets better from there, and thanks to how well the otherwise ridiculous afterlife story is grounded in flashbacks from when everyone involved was still alive, I actually did still enjoy this one despite my personality having changed pretty radically from when I first fell in love with the film. Still, it's super-weird watching a movie about Robin Williams being dead, now that Robin Williams is actually dead.

The Angry Birds Movie. I wasn't planning on watching this, despite having played and enjoyed a lot of the games in the franchise, but my wife (who doesn't like the games, but likes actual birds and thought the movie would be cute) was watching it one day and I told her I'd watch it with her if she saved it for me. Lots of dumb puns in this one, some crude humor, an obvious excuse plot just to give some backstory to the games, but it was amusing and the voice cast was pretty strong (some of my favorite SNL players in here, as well as Keegan-Michael Key, Peter Dinklage, and even Sean Penn for some strange reason).
Aaron
Phorum Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #8003 on: January 08, 2017, 08:44:30 PM »

binge-watching The Man in the High Castle.  I loved the Philip K Dick book and the amazon show has been solid thus far through 4 episodes

Hi whim!
whim
Phorum Phriend

View Profile
« Reply #8004 on: January 09, 2017, 12:59:06 AM »

Crazy, Stupid, Love. Liked it more than I really want to admit.
murlough23
Phorum Phenomenon

I'm different.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8005 on: January 22, 2017, 09:14:35 AM »

Hidden Figures. The trailer had me at Taraji P. Henson and Octavia Spencer. Then I found out it they were playing real-life mathematicians. SIGN ME UP! (I didn't recognize Janelle Monae in the trailer, but she was awesome too.) While this one hits a lot of the expected notes for a historical drama/biopic, it seemed to set itself apart from the genre having such a darn feel-good attitude throughout, even against the backdrop of systemic injustice that made it hard for these women to prove themselves day in and day out. I suppose it could have been bigger Oscar bait if it was grittier or angstier or whatever, but I liked that it was a PG movie and therefore accessible to families. A number of folks in the theater had kids with them, especially young girls, who were whispering questions to their parents or audibly rooting for the main characters in their moments of triumph. It made me wonder how many more women - and especially women of color - there might be in math and science today if more of us had taught about the role women like these played in America's earliest achievements in space. TLDR: It was inspirational. And kinda timely, too.
Vlad!
Administrator
Phorum Phenomenon

I'm on a duck!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8006 on: January 23, 2017, 03:40:50 AM »

I also saw Hidden Figures. I also really enjoyed it, much more than I thought. I assumed it would be a bit of a slog, full of white guilt and retroactive hero worship, but what I got instead was a movie with soul, sass, and wit.

Kevin Costner plays essentially the same character as he did in Draft Day, which was a little distracting. Other than that, I thought the casting was excellent (and Costner, to his credit, did a great job too). The Pharrell Williams / Hans Zimmer soundtrack works surprisingly well, and despite being over two hours long at no point did the movie drag.

Excellent, excellent.

Humans...have a fundamental need to create and maintain a narrative for their lives in which the universe is not implacable and heartless, that terrible things do not happen at random, and that catastrophe can be avoided if you are vigilant and responsible.... We are vulnerable, but we don’t want to be reminded of that. We want to believe that the world is understandable and controllable and unthreatening, that if we follow the rules, we’ll be okay.
-Ed Hickling
murlough23
Phorum Phenomenon

I'm different.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8007 on: January 23, 2017, 08:15:43 PM »

I also saw Hidden Figures. I also really enjoyed it, much more than I thought. I assumed it would be a bit of a slog, full of white guilt and retroactive hero worship, but what I got instead was a movie with soul, sass, and wit.

You're right that it wasn't as heavy-handed as Hollywood can sometimes get whenever female and/or minority historical figures are spotlighted against the backdrop of a segregated society. I was actually surprised at how well the movie performed, given that. I tend to assume a lot of folks will see a largely minority cast at the forefront of a film, assume it's mostly for audiences who look like them, and pass it on by. Especially with an early January release - which is the time of year a lot of films are quietly released that aren't expected to be huge performers. I'm happy that this one spilled way over its niche.

I don't go into to any film like this assuming it's trying to make me feel guilty. it is really easy for films like this to resort to mustache-twirling racist villains, though, and what I liked about this one is that it had no singular antagonist. A few jerkass characters who didn't seem to think much of any scientist who wasn't a white male, sure, but most of the real obstruction seemed to come from the people who meant no harm and were simply following "the rules". I think it was pretty well summed up in the bathroom conversation between Octavia Spencer and Kirsten Dunst's characters, where Dunst says she doesn't have anything against them, and Spencer says, "I'm sure you probably believe that." The idea there being that a lot of the racism might not be overtly believed or practiced by individual people, but due to a lot of us not wanting to rock the boat, we keep that system in place and don't realize the damage being done. It reminded me of that Edmund Burke quote, "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Kevin Costner plays essentially the same character as he did in Draft Day, which was a little distracting.

I haven't seen Draft Day, but I was a bit irked to learn that Costner's character was essentially a historical composite - that exact man never existed. Perhaps it was a way to simplify the story because Jackson had worked under several supervisors or something in real life and they didn't want to clutter the narrative with all these new characters that we'd now have to remember and care about. I do think Costner got some of the best quips in the film, which is no small task when you're in the same film as Taraji Henson, Octavia Spencer, and Janelle Monae. I actually work for NASA in real life (in a roundabout way, at least), and I kinda want "Here at NASA, we all pee the same color" to be our slogan now.

Even though I'm a big fan of The Big Bang Theory, I did find Jim Parsons' character a bit distracting, since his smugness and the way he belittled Jackson reminded me so much of how Sheldon treats everyone on TBBT. There was even an episode where Sheldon hired an assistant and they slaved over a paper for days, only for him to throw a hissy fit when she wanted credit. Since Johnson stubbornly adding her name to the papers each time was being played for laughs, at least my chuckling at it wasn't out of place. Parsons does a great job with a very specific type of role, but I'm a bit worried that if he can't get some parts where he can show a bit more range, he's going to be stuck in typecasting hell whenever the series ends.

Kirsten Dunst's character was distracting not so much because of the character, but because she looked really wounded and icy all the time, like there was some deep psychological damage that she could only barely manage to keep beneath the surface. You could infer that this came from years of having to be the bearer of bad news to the people working under her, or being treated as lesser simply because she was a woman in a "man's field", or something like that, but it was never really explained and it kinda bugged me, thinking she was about to snap in every scene she was in.

The Pharrell Williams / Hans Zimmer soundtrack works surprisingly well, and despite being over two hours long at no point did the movie drag.

I don't normally get excited about film soundtracks, especially when they're in a genre I don't typically listen to. But I might actually cue this one up on Spotify, because I found the music to be quite enjoyable, too. Having contemporary music in a historical film is always a bit of a weird choice, but it fit the mood of the scenes it was used in exceptionally well.
murlough23
Phorum Phenomenon

I'm different.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8008 on: January 29, 2017, 05:33:04 AM »

Hachi: A Dog's Tale

Another one of my wife's Netflix picks. It's based on the story of the dog Hachiko, who became famous for waiting for his master at a train station in Tokyo for years after the man had died. This version transplants the story to late 90s Rhode Island, for... some strange reason. You can probably guess that there are only so many ways a story like this can end, and they're all ridiculously sad. This is probably the most traumatized I've ever been by a G-rated movie.
Aaron
Phorum Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #8009 on: February 11, 2017, 02:52:30 AM »

The Lego Batman Movie

Good cast, funny jokes, homage to all eras of Batman, worth your time

Hi whim!
Brenden
Phorum Phreak

Can I help you?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8010 on: February 16, 2017, 04:21:00 AM »

Split

M. Night Shyamalan has found his groove again. The Visit was a solid movie and this one is really good as well. It's suspenseful, fun, James McAvoy is fantastic.

The last act reveal is a nice surprise. It's not really a twist, as it doesn't change the story you just witnessed and it happens after the ending, but it's a nice treat for longtime fans of the director.

The only real complaint I had was how THICK the foreshadowing is laid on to set up the last act. It's kind of distracting at times in a very, "I WONDER WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN LATER" sort of way. But still, a fun movie that is worth seeing in theaters.
murlough23
Phorum Phenomenon

I'm different.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8011 on: February 19, 2017, 05:34:51 AM »

Zootopia. Well, that was a little anvilicious on the whole topic of racism. But you know, sometimes this stuff needs to be said, especially when kids are watching. Also, it was very funny and creative, and had an excellent voice cast. Par for Disney's course, really.
Brenden
Phorum Phreak

Can I help you?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8012 on: February 19, 2017, 06:35:11 AM »

Catching up on a few movies from last year.

Morgan: Reminded me of Transcendence in that it was an interesting premise wasted on a bad script. Despite the title character being portrayed as a slasher villain, I felt she was more of a tragic figure and would have been more interested in a movie that went down that path.

TMNT: Out of The Shadows: Somehow worse than the first, only watched it because I was curious about Krang.

Independence Day: Insurgence: Better than I expected. Still dumb, not a good movie, didn't need to be made, but I had enough fun watching it that I still liked it.
Aaron
Phorum Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #8013 on: March 03, 2017, 04:16:48 AM »

Logan

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO CREATED THIS MOVIE.   It is dark, violent, bleak, profane, heartwarming, funny, and attention-grabbing. I was riveted from start to finish. Best movie to have xmen characters in it.  It is not like any other xmen movie.  Also - it is for adults; not for kids whatsoever.

Hi whim!
murlough23
Phorum Phenomenon

I'm different.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8014 on: March 05, 2017, 09:08:02 PM »

Ghostbusters, the 2016 version. File this one under "I wasn't really interested, but my wife rented it and was gonna watch it with or without me, so I figured I'd give it a chance." I have enjoyed all of these ladies on Saturday Night Live*, so I was excited for the cast, just not the premise. I don't have strong feelings about the original Ghostbusters. I saw it as a kid and thought it was alright at the time. I watched the cartoon a lot at that age, mostly because it was on in between other cartoons I watched. I've just never been all that big on ghosts and supernatural stuff as a plot device. So I really didn't care one way or the other about the plot in this movie. (Which is fine, because apparently a lot got left on the cutting room floor, leading to some anticlimactic moments and weird "how'd they get from A to B" plot holes.) I just wanted to see those four ladies (and a ditzy Chris Hemsworth) do funny things, and on that level, while it wasn't uproariously hilarious or anything, it mostly succeeded.

(*Melissa McCarthy was never actually an SNL cast member, but her appearances on the show have been memorable enough to put her in the "Steve Martin" category where people years from now will mistakenly think she was, and at some point they'll probably compile a best-of special for her.)
Brenden
Phorum Phreak

Can I help you?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8015 on: March 15, 2017, 02:52:24 AM »

Logan

I never really thought Wolverine was all that interesting and was kind of over the character a decade ago. That said, this movie was fantastic and I got pretty emotional towards the end. It's a shame this won't be up for any awards due to being a genre movie, because it is well made on every level.

Get Out

This was really great as well, it's shaping up to be a great year for horror so far.

The Cure For Wellness

Stylish, creepy, enough so to overcome that it didn't need to be pushing three hours long.

Kong: Skull Island

Super fun.
murlough23
Phorum Phenomenon

I'm different.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8016 on: April 22, 2017, 04:43:55 AM »

Tonight we watched Loving, a dramatization of the Loving vs. Virginia case that ultimately struck down laws against interracial marriage. For a "based on a true story" film, it's remarkably understated, doesn't seem to feel the need to manufacture dramatic situations where they didn't happen that way in real life, and it might even be a slight bit guilty of underplaying the true-life drama that occurred. That's not a criticism, so much as a stylistic choice that took some getting used to - you'd often see the build-up to what would be a big, dramatic event in most movies, such as a birth or a court ruling, and then you'd see characters reacting in the aftermath, but not the event itself. I guess the point was to make it more about the main characters' lives, both of which were people of relatively few words. They loved each other. It was simple. Anyone trying to complicate it was mere background noise. That's what I think the film was trying to convey, and while two hours of this got a tad long, for the most part I think it did an excellent job of that.
murlough23
Phorum Phenomenon

I'm different.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8017 on: May 06, 2017, 03:35:44 AM »

Arrival. I was in analytical mode for most of the movie, knowing they'd probably be dropping hints at the twist to come, and sure enough, I had a pretty good idea of what it was before it was fully revealed. That's not a knock against the movie - I like for a film to drop just enough breadcrumbs to make a twist make sense once it's revealed, without it being too obvious. I'd seen similar twists in sci-fi before, but it still felt fresh despite that, since it served a different narrative purpose in this case. Ultimately I enjoyed the movie, even though I thought some of the final scenes were a bit cheesy.
T-Bone
Phorum Phriend

View Profile
« Reply #8018 on: May 08, 2017, 12:48:49 AM »

Arrival. I was in analytical mode for most of the movie, knowing they'd probably be dropping hints at the twist to come, and sure enough, I had a pretty good idea of what it was before it was fully revealed. That's not a knock against the movie - I like for a film to drop just enough breadcrumbs to make a twist make sense once it's revealed, without it being too obvious. I'd seen similar twists in sci-fi before, but it still felt fresh despite that, since it served a different narrative purpose in this case. Ultimately I enjoyed the movie, even though I thought some of the final scenes were a bit cheesy.

I absolutely loved this movie (non-action sci-fi is probably my favorite type of film) and even I will admit they laid the cheese on a bit thick at the end.  Although the fact that (Spoiler-ish) the ending wasn't exactly happy helped offset that a bit.  Glad to hear you enjoyed it. 
murlough23
Phorum Phenomenon

I'm different.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8019 on: May 08, 2017, 12:55:22 AM »

I absolutely loved this movie (non-action sci-fi is probably my favorite type of film) and even I will admit they laid the cheese on a bit thick at the end.  Although the fact that (Spoiler-ish) the ending wasn't exactly happy helped offset that a bit.  Glad to hear you enjoyed it. 

That ending did have some pretty fascinating, and potentially horrifying, implications. I think the cheese factor didn't come from the events that happened as much as from how they were verbally expressed.
Vlad!
Administrator
Phorum Phenomenon

I'm on a duck!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8020 on: May 28, 2017, 04:51:49 AM »

The Shack.

Do you want feels? Because this is how we get feels.

-Ed Hickling
murlough23
Phorum Phenomenon

I'm different.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8021 on: July 09, 2017, 05:22:27 AM »

Cars 3 a few weekends ago. I forgot to post about it at the time. I still love the first one the best (and I seem to be rare among Pixar fans in that it's one of my favorites), but this was definitely much better than Cars 2. I cared a lot more about the characters and the story this time. It felt like the sequel the first movie really deserved. And damn, Paul Newman sure was important to this film, for a dead guy.

The Lego Batman movie tonight. Like The Lego Movie before it, this was mostly interesting to me for the silly, massive spectacle. It's hard to top the original for creativity, but this was a great tongue-in-cheek take on the Batman character with a halfway decent story underneath all of the crazy effects and sight gags. Michael Cera as Robin was a nice touch - a nice mini-Arrested Development reunion with Will Arnett there.
Vlad!
Administrator
Phorum Phenomenon

I'm on a duck!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8022 on: July 09, 2017, 09:51:28 PM »

I watched Lego Batman on the plane when I had gotten to the point where time seemed to have stopped and I was fairly convinced that I had lived my entire life on the airplane and my previous memories were an illusion.

Trans-Pacific flights get weird. Anyway.

It was alright. I enjoyed how self-centered and ridiculous Batman was, how hyperactive and ridiculous Robin was, and how the Joker was basically a needy ex. I do feel like the movie was about 20-30 minutes of clever crammed into a 1h45-long feature, but that's pretty much par for the course these days. I did the film no favors by watching it in my zombie-like state and it served its purpose well, so I think we're good.

-Ed Hickling
murlough23
Phorum Phenomenon

I'm different.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8023 on: July 09, 2017, 09:53:56 PM »

I watched Lego Batman on the plane when I had gotten to the point where time seemed to have stopped and I was fairly convinced that I had lived my entire life on the airplane and my previous memories were an illusion.

That sounds more like you were watching LOST.
Vlad!
Administrator
Phorum Phenomenon

I'm on a duck!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8024 on: July 09, 2017, 11:14:27 PM »

When you're flying across the entire Pacific, every plane flight feels that way, smoke monster or otherwise.

-Ed Hickling
Vlad!
Administrator
Phorum Phenomenon

I'm on a duck!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8025 on: July 21, 2017, 04:24:36 AM »

Went to the New Zealand International Film Festival and saw Born in China, a docudrama about native Chinese animals.

I have to confess, I chose it because of the cute pandas on the poster. But it turned out to be a solid movie. There was a bit of anthropomorphizing, which was a bit suspect, but the camera work was good and the film told a solid story that was well put together cinematographically. John Krazinski did a solid job with the narration. High marks overall.

-Ed Hickling
bloop
Phorum Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #8026 on: August 06, 2017, 09:12:14 PM »

Spider-Man Homecoming: I think I might like this Spider-Man better than any previous iteration, though I lean toward 2's story.

War for the Planet of the Apes: It's pretty much Apocalypse Now, but with apes, and the movie makes that really obvious. Probably my favorite of the blockbusters: it was more tragic and symbolic than a movie about talking simians has any business being.

Dunkirk: Very, very good. A lot of people are saying it's director Christopher Nolan's best film, and that's probably true, though I admit to be partial to my superheroes (and "The Dark Knight" in particular). I'm a little on the fence whether messing with time was really in the film's best interest, but it was very moving.

Follow me on Grooveshark or Spotify. username: iceybloop
Vlad!
Administrator
Phorum Phenomenon

I'm on a duck!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8027 on: August 07, 2017, 08:56:55 AM »

Baby Driver

I like Edgar Wright. In this one, he makes a film about organized crime.

Not all aspects withstand careful scrutiny, but it can be enjoyed with belief willingly suspended.

-Ed Hickling
bloop
Phorum Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #8028 on: August 07, 2017, 03:07:47 PM »

Baby Driver

I like Edgar Wright. In this one, he makes a film about organized crime.

Not all aspects withstand careful scrutiny, but it can be enjoyed with belief willingly suspended.

I really want to see this one, but have no idea when I'll do it. Adult fare is hard to find time for.

Follow me on Grooveshark or Spotify. username: iceybloop
murlough23
Phorum Phenomenon

I'm different.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8029 on: August 07, 2017, 03:48:31 PM »

I really want to see this one, but have no idea when I'll do it. Adult fare is hard to find time for.

I heard that. "Baby Driver" may well be my wife's job title at this point.
Vlad!
Administrator
Phorum Phenomenon

I'm on a duck!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8030 on: August 08, 2017, 04:21:23 AM »

It's worth making the time for, if you can.

(I know, easy for me to say as a single guy with no kids. But sadly my movie-seeing is severely limited right now as well. I did push for this one though. Luckily my window to see it in theaters was a bit wider because it didn't make its way over here until it had been out Stateside for a while.)

-Ed Hickling
Vlad!
Administrator
Phorum Phenomenon

I'm on a duck!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8031 on: September 01, 2017, 07:38:47 PM »

The Celebrate Studio Ghibli film festival is on at the moment. Sadly, other obligations have prevented me from making as many as I'd like. But I did manage to see My Neighbor Totoro last night. If a theater near me is playing Totoro and I don't go see it, assume I'm dead.

-Ed Hickling
Vlad!
Administrator
Phorum Phenomenon

I'm on a duck!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8032 on: September 05, 2017, 12:43:49 AM »

Spirited Away.

I was transfixed the first time I saw this movie. I love it more every time I see it. Seeing it on the big screen did not in any way alter that pattern.

-Ed Hickling
Vlad!
Administrator
Phorum Phenomenon

I'm on a duck!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8033 on: September 05, 2017, 06:58:07 PM »

Whisper of the Heart

I loved this movie when I first saw it. I thought it was amazing. But then I never saw it again. Why? Not sure...maybe I was worried that it wouldn't hold up, or that my love for it was an immature or emotional response.

Near as I can tell, those worries were groundless. Saw it again and loved it.

-Ed Hickling
Aaron
Phorum Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #8034 on: September 09, 2017, 12:11:31 PM »

Young Frankenstein

I enjoy Mel Brooks' movies and this one has its share of laughs, but it was very slow.  Perhaps my opinion of this re-watch was impacted by being very tired but I didn't enjoy it this time as I had in the past

Hi whim!
murlough23
Phorum Phenomenon

I'm different.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8035 on: September 09, 2017, 04:16:37 PM »

Young Frankenstein

I enjoy Mel Brooks' movies and this one has its share of laughs, but it was very slow.  Perhaps my opinion of this re-watch was impacted by being very tired but I didn't enjoy it this time as I had in the past

I haven't seen the entire Mel Brooks filmography, but I love History of the World, Part 1, and Spaceballs is a classic from my childhood that I've watched approximately infinity times. I've only seen Blazing Saddles once, but I found it highly amusing. I saw Young Frankenstein with glowing opinions of all of those films in mind, and I still didn't really get into it. Maybe it just wasn't parodying a genre that I really knew that much about in the first place?
Brenden
Phorum Phreak

Can I help you?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8036 on: September 09, 2017, 04:42:37 PM »

Went to a Thursday night screening of It.

If they would have let me, I would have paid to watch the movie again right then and there. There were also cheers and shouts of, "encore," from the audience. I expected to like it and I ended up absolutely loving it.
Aaron
Phorum Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #8037 on: September 09, 2017, 10:05:23 PM »

Star Trek: Beyond

fun, mindless time waster this morning while working on projects around the house. 

Hi whim!
Aaron
Phorum Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #8038 on: September 09, 2017, 11:06:36 PM »

The Magnificent Seven (2016 remake)

Great cast, unnecessary remake.  Denzel, Chris Pratt, Ethan Hawke, Vincent D'Onofrio, Peter Saarsgard.   Wish it was a better movie.

Hi whim!
Vlad!
Administrator
Phorum Phenomenon

I'm on a duck!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8039 on: September 19, 2017, 08:25:37 PM »

From Up on Poppy Hill

Sublime, as always.

-Ed Hickling
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202

Jump to: